Baby Baking Timer

Monday, April 16, 2012

OH, what's in a Name?!?!

Apparently...EVERYTHING! Baby naming is so stressful, you just don't want to pick the wrong one! Plus, EVERYONE has an opinion of what your child's name should be. I appreciate the ideas from people who know my husband and I and give us name ideas that suit our family's personality, or humorous names that they give just to make me smile.  I don't appreciate the people who say if I had/have a girl I would name her...xyz....isn't it beautiful, you should go with that. No thanks...I'm good. 

Also, what people don't really realize about people picking a name for their little one - I don't really want your opinion on what you think of our choice. If I'm on the fence, I will take both names to the hospital and pick then, or if I've already chosen...then that is going to be the baby's name.  I think that some people believe that parents to be just pull baby names out of thin air - WE DON'T. It can take a lot for a mom and dad to both LOVE and AGREE on a name. 

Yes, we have thought of what nicknames our poor daughter could get stuck with - hence even though I love the name, we didn't name her Virginia. We have thought about the potential for her to be confused with a stripper or hooker, hence we didn't name her Bambi, or Destiny, or Roxy. We thought to make sure her initials didn't spell anything crazy. The point is, I believe most parents to be put ALOT of thought into the name they give their baby.  

Bubba and I went through the ENTIRE baby name book! I made a list, he made a list, we compared lists. Once done there were only TWO, that is right TWO names out of the 20 or 30 we both listed that matched. Charlotte and Lacey. That's it folks. Sooo....finally what you have been waiting for....Our baby will be named:

Lacey Mae





2 comments:

  1. And what a beautiful name it is!! I can't wait to meet your beautiful little girl. And I bought her something pink on vacation.

    And if you change your mind about Lacey,
    I think Gertie is a beautiful name, jk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed you only went through one baby name book. We went through at least 5 PLUS a myriad of online baby name sites. I found the Social Security names database from the early 1900's quite helpful. It's a great name! And she's going to be gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete